Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Digital Hub Presentations
Out-of-class assignments for Week 13:
- Complete SCMD 160 lesson & exam and send a screenshot of your exam pass screen to us via e-mail.
Digital Hub Planning
- Individual digital hub meetings
Here are a few content calendar templates. You can use these for your digital hub or you can find another one or create your own:
There are no out-of-class assignments for the week. Use the time to work on your digital hub project.
WATCH THIS NOW
We wanted to share one example of what should be included in your Digital Hub.
Special thanks to Jasmine Higgins for allowing us to share her Digital Hub from last semester.
Be sure to follow Jasmine on twitter here: http://www.twitter.com/_jshiggins
Personal Digital Hub
The link below will allow you to sign up for your 1-on-1 with us to talk through your Digital Hub Project.
This is a first come, first serve process. Sign up early to get your spot.
These are the only hours to meet with us.
If you miss this meeting you will automatically lose 10% on your Digital Hub Project.
Digital Hub Review & Presentation Tools
- Review of digital hub project requirements & grading
- Required elements uploaded to Pilot
- Sample presentation from last semester: COMING SOON
- Review presentation tools for use in digital hub project:
- Google Presentation
- Haiku Deck
Out-of-class assignments for Week 8:
Squerbs are required to be complete before 11:59 on Tuesday 10/14/2014 for class credit.
Squerb the new Subway “Bikini season may be over, but there’s more reasons right around the corner to stay fit with delicious, low-fat sandwiches” video. [SQUERB HERE]
- Review Social Strategies’ steps to creating a personal branding strategy [INFOGRAPHIC]: http://www.socialstrategies.net.au/personal-branding-as-part-of-your-social-media-marketing-strategy/
- Once you have review the Social Strategies’ steps to creating a personal branding strategy infographic, go to Squerb and let us know what you think here: [SQUERB HERE]
- Read TheNextWeb’s tips for writing professional SoMe bios: http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2014/02/21/write-professional-bio-twitter-linkedin-facebook-google/
- Read V3 Integrated Marketings’s strategies for building your personal brand: http://www.v3im.com/2014/06/personal-branding-101-six-strategies-for-building-your-personal-brand/#axzz3Fl1LTFa9
- Read SocialMediaToday’s personal branding power tips: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/content/make-name-yourself-11-personal-branding-power-tips
- Read Constant Contact’s guide to creating a SoMe posting schedule: http://blogs.constantcontact.com/product-blogs/social-media-marketing/social-media-posting-schedule/
Complete 10 SoMe posts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Google+. Details of the SoMe post assignment:
- You must do 10 SoMe posts over the course of the week. Week starts Thursday morning and ends Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- You can post as much as you want, but you get credit for only 2 posts per day. The 2 posts must be on different platforms (e.g., one on Twitter & one on Facebook).
- You must post at least 2 messages to each platform (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, G+) over the course of the week.
- Each original post must contain the proper class hashtag (i.e., #DDWSU).
- Detailed commenting on a classmate’s post (e.g., perspective on an article posted) does count towards the 10 total posts for the week. If the comment is within Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+, it does not need to contain the class hashtag because we can see it in the post stream.
- Here is a sample calendar for planning posts to meet the requirements:
Extra credit opportunities
For this week: Vine & Instagram Challenge (due by the start of class on 10/15)
- Create a Vine, Instagram or Hyperlapse video, demonstrating what you like about being a student at WSU
- Upload the video to Twitter (and Facebook if you want)
- Create a brief description of the video and use the class hashtag (#DDWSU)
For next week: Eddie McClintock Master Class
- Attend COM Dept. alumnus Eddie McClintock’s master class on Friday, 10/17/14 in CAC M 252 from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Live-tweet from the master class, identifying key content Eddie is speaking about
- Minimum of 4 tweets
- Use Eddie’s twitter handle (@EddieMcClintock)
- Use class hashtag (#DDWSU) and any hashtags Eddie is using for the master class
Alternative for those who cannot attend the master class:
- Write an article for the COM Dept. website detailing your experience thus far as a Mass COM/COM Studies major, including your experience in the #DDWSU class.
- Review these article by former students as reference:
- Be creative and feel free to include images, videos, links, quotes from others, etc. If the article is chosen to be featured on the COM Dept.’s website, you will be able to use it as a published piece in your portfolio (and a good start for your digital hub personal branding content).
- Submit the article to us via e-mail by the start of class on 10/22/14
If you have any questions or need clarification about these assignments, let us know before beginning.
Post navigation← Older posts
Digital Hub Presentations Out-of-class assignments for Week 13: Complete SCMD 160 lesson & exam and send a screenshot of your exam pass screen to us…
Content Aggregator/Curation Tools and Monitoring & Measurement Presentations of content aggregator/curation tools: Flipboard Pocket Scoop.it Paper.li Prismatic Pearltrees LikeHack Swayy Buffer Reverb Pipes Canword Monitoring…
Personal Portfolio Sites Digital hub Q&A Review of personal portfolio sites: About.me Flavors.me Zerply Enthuse.me Glossi/Slipp RebelMouse Seelio Pressfolios FolioMatch Pathbrite Glue Out-of-class assignments for…
Digital Hub Planning Individual digital hub meetings Here are a few content calendar templates. You can use these for your digital hub or you can…