Week 3 (1/28/2016)
What was covered this week in #ADDWSU
- Facebook & Snapchat case WSU studies
- Presented the Google Online Marketing Challenge
- Reviewed Hubspot Academy “Inbound Fundamentals” content: buyer personas
- Discussed digital and social media jobs: skills and jargon
Out-of-class assignments for Week 4:
- Review Hootsuite’s SoMe glossary: http://blog.hootsuite.com/the-2015-social-media-glossary-207-essential-definitions
- Review Quick Sprout’s infographic on SEO: http://www.quicksprout.com/2014/11/07/what-seo-used-to-be-versus-what-seo-is-now/?hootPostID=cf386614287e757de98a53ac15d8f5fd#
- Read FastCompany’s article on the growing SoMe skills gap: http://www.fastcompany.com/3055665/the-future-of-work/inside-the-growing-social-media-skills-gap
- Review Marketo’s sample SoMe tactical plan: Marketo – SoMe Tactical Plan
- Review Capgemini’s report on the digital talent gap: Capgemini – Digital Talent Gap
Weekly blogging: Blog posts due 1 /31/2016
Blogging: Below you will find step-by-step instructions for creating a blog page within the #ADDWSU section of the website. This assignment is worth 20 points for the moderators and 10 points for the responders. Instructions for the blog content:
Moderators: Each moderator will create and post a page for his/her blog post by midnight on the Sunday following class. The post should be 2 – 4 paragraphs and contain the following elements:
- Short summary of the most important in-class content/activities
- Critical thought about the class session and the overall class direction
- Photos, hyperlinks, video embeds, etc. for additional media & better SEO
- Engaging questions to be responded to by the rest of the class
- Tweet the link to let everyone know that your blog page is live once it is published. Be sure to use the #ADDWSU hashtag.
PLEASE NOTE: A delay in publishing a blog post will also affect responders’ grades.
Moderators are also required to monitor and moderate the discussion for their blog page from the time the initial post goes live to the beginning of class the following week.
Responders: The rest of the class is required to read each moderator’s blog post and respond with quality content. The responses do not have to be a certain length, but should show insight into the original post and responses to the questions asked. Each class member is required to respond at least once to each original blog post. Additional responses are not required but are welcomed. Be creative with your responses and feel free to add media also.
- Complete the four videos in the “Attract” module of Hubspot Academy and bring questions to class about this content for discussion.
Google Online Marketing Challenge:
- Review the GOMC content and come to class with a decision on whether to participate for the semester: https://www.google.com/onlinechallenge/